Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Here and There and Back Again

I’m taking a break from my very frustrating search for the Missing Chapter of Humanity to do some well needed philosophizing in regards as to why I have never been able to get from here to there in my amazing metaphysical life.

So how far is here from there exactly? Now you might think this question easy to answer, if you know where you are and where you are going; but you couldn’t be more wrong. This is because the essence of the question is loaded with a philosophical quandary.

First, we must determine where here is. Second we must determine where there is. And that is where the problem comes in - once we’re there, there becomes here. Therefore we never get there. We are always here no matter where we are. Do you see what I'm saying?

On the whole we have quite the problem here and I’m not sure what to do about it. Should I leave here and there here to slowly erode away at the space-time continuum? Or should I save everybody a lot of psychological pain and shoot both concepts dead in their tracks? I admit point of view is not my strongest attribute.

No comments: